Applying For A Victorian Police Security Licence
- Be 18 years or over
- Be a resident of Australia or be the holder of a current visa (with relevant work rights)
- Applicants must have more than 12 months remaining on their Visa
- Be subject to a National Police Check which requires the taking of fingerprints*
- Provide certified copies of International Police Checks from any other country resided in for a period of more than 12 months over the previous 10 years since turning 16 years of age
- Not be a prohibited person
- Be a fit and proper person. This includes not having any medical condition or history with police that would hinder your employment within the industry
- Demonstrate competency for working in the security industry by way of completing training relevant to the private security activity or activities you wish to be licensed for with a training organisation approved by the Licensing and Regulation Division
- Provide 2 written references outlining your suitability for employment within the private security industry.
You will need to print the application and return with all supporting documents via post to:Licensing and Regulation Division GPO Box 2807, Melbourne, 3001.